Please note that EyeSpace is only compatible with Oculus Pentacam software version 1.20r02 and above.
To export Oculus Pentacam .u12 files to EyeSpace, you must first set up the linking functionality within the Pentacam software. Speak to your EyeSpace or Oculus distributor if you are uncomfortable following these steps.
Linking Oculus Pentacam software to EyeSpace
- Starting the Oculus software will first open the Patient Data Management screen as seen in the image below. Note the circled 'Export' button. Using this export function will create a .U12 file which is useful for archiving or e-mail topography maps to colleagues. Using this export button will NOT export topography data to EyeSpace.
- To set up the export function to EyeSpace, you need to open the Pentacam software. Do this by double-clicking on any one of the topography maps listed on the Patient Data Management screen. This will take you to the map review screen.
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the map review screen and click Settings->Miscellaneous settings.
- This will show the 'Miscellaneous Settings' screen in a pop-up window. Select the 'External software' tab and carefully complete the 'Interface Configuration' box by following the steps listed below.
- First, check the 'Active' checkbox and then click the 'Change Label' button and type 'EyeSpace' in the text box.
- Next, check the 'Start application:' checkbox and in the text box click the button marked by the green arrow below to select the EyeSpace executable file located on your hard drive. The EyeSpace executable file can be located at C:/Program Files/EyeSpace/EyeSpace.exe or C:/Program Files(x86)/EyeSpace/EyeSpace.exe
- In the 'Commandline parameter:' text box type in --topographer PENTACAM --file C:/ProgramData/EyeSpace/tmp
- ln the 'Data will be exported to the directory:' text box, click the button marked by the green arrow and select the folder C:/ProgramData/EyeSpace/tmp. You may have to change the 'show hidden files, folders, and drives' option within Windows settings for the C:/ProgramData folder to become visible.
- Check the 'Change directory before export:' checkbox and in the text box click the button marked by the green arrow and select the folder C:/Program Files/EyeSpace or C:/Program Files(x86)/EyeSpace.
- To complete the setup click the 'Save' button.
- This is all you need to do. Simply follow the instructions below whenever you want to export a map to EyeSpace.
Exporting Oculus Pentacam maps to EyeSpace
- Select the desired Pentacam map you want to export to EyeSpace.
- Click the 'External Software > User 1' (or '>EyeSpace' ) menu option.
- EyeSpace will automatically open and import the selected Oculus Pentacam map.
- To import more maps, simply repeat the process.
- From here, follow the EyeSpace quick start guide to get started using EyeSpace!