In most cases, the EyeSpace link in Medmont Studio will set up automatically if EyeSpace is installed on the same computer as Medmont Studio.
You only need to follow the steps below if you cannot see the EyeSpace link on the Medmont Studio home screen.
To set up the EyeSpace link in Medmont Studio manually, you will need to follow these steps:
- Find the EyeSpace.linksettings file. This will be in the EyeSpace installation directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\EyeSpace\Links.
- Right click the
EyeSpace.linksettings file, and click copy.
- Paste this file into the Medmont installation directory located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Medmont\Medmont Studio 6\Links and for Medmont Studio 7 at
C:\Program Files\Medmont\Medmont Studio 7\Links.
- Restart Medmont Studio.
Exporting Medmont Studio maps to EyeSpace
Direct transfer method
The easiest way to export Medmont topography maps to EyeSpace is to use the direct transfer method.
- In Medmont Studio, select the topography map to export. Hold down the control button to select multiple maps, for instance, to export both the Right and Left topography maps at once.
- Click the EyeSpace icon.
Indirect transfer method
You can also use the indirect transfer method to export Medmont topography maps to EyeSpace. Using this method is handy if your Medmont Studio and EyeSpace software are not on the same computer or if you want to send your export file to someone else.
To export Medmont Export Files:
- Select the desired map or combination of maps to export.
- Click on the file menu (Medmont Studio 4) or circular Medmont emblem (Medmont Studio 5 and higher) in the upper left corner of the Medmont Studio screen.
- Scroll down and click on Export.
- A new popup window appears titled Export Selected Items to... You can opt to save the file to a folder on your hard drive, flash drive or cloud storage service like Dropbox.
- The File name: should be a unique identifier like the patient's name, identification number, or practice file number and the Save as type: should be Medmont Export File (*.mxf), for example,
- Click the Save button to complete the export.
To import Medmont Export Files
- Open EyeSpace software.
- Click the File > Import menu option.
- Choose the Medmont E300 export file (.mxf) option.
- A new window appears titled Please choose the file to open. Select the desired .mxf file from the folder on your hard drive, flash drive or cloud storage service.
- To complete the import, click the Open button.