- EyeSpace Scleral lenses should be inspected and cleaned well before dispensing.
- Verify the engraving against the members.eyespace.com.au website.
- Half fill the back of the lens with preservative free solution. Insert the lens directly over the pupil with the patient in a face down position. This stops bubbles being trapped lens, if bubbles are trapped under the lens then remove and reinsert.
- Allow the lens to settle for at least 15 minutes and then assess the lens fit.
- Perform a sphero-cylindrical refraction over the lens on eye.
- Assess the central and limbal post lens tear thickness (PLTT) using either slit lamp biomicroscopy or OCT.
- Optimally the lens should have a central PLTT of 100-150 microns. Note and record the position and stability of the lens markings for toric designs.
- Perform a topography over the lens on eye to assess for lens flexure and surface quality at every appointment.
- Assess the SLZ using OCT or slit lamp biomicroscopy in all four quadrants.
- Perform retinoscopy with the lens on eye and make a note of the central and peripheral reflects.
- Lens delivery, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.
- Communicate to the patient the warranty period of 120 days for lens adjustments.
- Assessment of lens for defects, scratches, chips, depositing.
- Recommended lens replacement every 2 years.