- Eyespace Bespoke lenses should be inspected and cleaned well before dispensing.
- Verify the engraving against the EyeSpace Cloud Services website.
- Place one drop of a preservative-free solution with NaFl in the back of the lens.
- With the patient in a face-down position, insert the lens directly onto the cornea.
- Allow the lens to settle and assess the lens fit.
- Assess the lens centration and movement.
- Hold the eyelids and manipulate the lens to a central position for best assessment of the lens alignment, observing the NaFl pattern with a blue light and Wratten yellow filter.
- If possible, it is good practice to photograph the NaFl pattern in a central position for your record keeping and potential troubleshooting.
- Note the position and stability of the lens markings for Bespoke toric designs.
- Perform a sphero-cylindrical refraction over the lens (ROL) on the eye.
- Review the lens fit at regular intervals: Lens delivery, two weeks, one month and six months.
- Slit lamp assessment of the ocular surface using NaFl to check for corneal staining or opacity.
- Schedule annual reviews after completion of the fit.
- At annual reviews assess lenses for chips, scratches and deposits.
- Recommend lens replacement is every two years.
- Communicate to the patient the warranty period for lens adjustments.
- A drop of preservative-free lubricant in the back of the lens on insertion can improve comfort and reduce dryness with lens wear.
- Insert the lens with the patient face down to avoid air bubbles.
- An air bubble under the lens will affect the vision and make lens wear uncomfortable. If a bubble is present, remove and reinsert.
- Aim to insert the lens directly over the pupil.
- For new wearers, it takes between 10 and 15 days to adapt to RGP contact lenses.
- Plasma treatment and HydraPEG coating can be applied to improve wettability, comfort and dryness symptoms
- The patient’s eyes must look good, feel good and see good. When in doubt discontinue lens wear.
- Contact your distributor if you have any concerns or queries.
- Cleaning solutions: Hydrogen peroxides solutions, such as AOSept/Clear Care with HydraGlyde, Oxysept or Easy Sept.
- Lubricant: Non-preserved lubricant such as HYLO-FORTE, Optive Fusion or Xailin HA eye drops.
- Intensive cleaning solutions: Menicare Progent, Boston daily or Lobob daily cleaner
- Removal Tools: DMV Classic or DMV Ultra contact lens remover.
- Carracedo G1, Martin-Gil A, Peixoto-de-Matos SC, Abejón-Gil P, Macedo-de-Araújo R, González-Méijome JM. Symptoms and Signs in Rigid Gas Permeable Lens Wearers During Adaptation Period. Eye Contact Lens. 2016 Mar;42(2):108-14.